In 2022, it is hard to find the right software for your creativity to go wild. Either that or you are a professional looking for other alternatives that ease your workflow. Amongst the heaps of photo editing apps to use, which is the right one? With the easiest interface and the best tools available? The answer to that is fairly simple. There is not any existing app for that. Everyone has their preferences for easy and difficult—this is a list of the easiest photo editing apps to note in 2022.
Adobe Photoshop has been in its league for being the best photo editor. But the recent Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 has established itself as one of the easiest photo editors to use. It has its learning curve, much like Adobe Photoshop, and is better suited for novices of the craft. It is available on PC and Mac, being easily accessible to use and learn, eventually using it to its full potential.
Windows users will most likely prefer Corel PaintShop Pro, a photo editing software with a lot of potentials that is very easily accessible. However, if you seek a free alternative, Gimp is software with all the features you could need. It is also available for Mac, Windows, and Linux. It has a rather complicated learning curve to master. Therefore it is not recommended for novice users.
Without further ado, let us dive into our list:
Table of Contents
## Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022
Adobe is at the top of the food chain today, so it is not surprising that one of its software is the best to use in 2022. Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 has a very easy-to-use interface that is easy to use, uses creativity at its core, and has so much potential under its sleeves once you master it.
There are three interfaces; Guided Edits. Quick Edits and Expert Mode make this application easily accessible to users of any experience level. Adobe has an AI called the Adobe Sense AI, which intelligently analyzes any image and tweaks them accordingly, saving your time and understanding your mistakes. Another tool, known as the Smooth Skin tool, removes wrinkles from skins completely. A quick new tool called the subject selection tool makes selecting individuals or objects from an image the easiest thing to do.
- The app can automatically back up your photos and videos
- When you have several portraits, you can use the Face Tilt feature to make your work easier
- Difficult compositions can make the Move and Scale feature useful
- Works for Macs and PCs
- The user interface can work against itself, making some new features hard to locate
- Moving Photos effects are quite less impressive
## Corel PaintShop Pro
Compared to Photoshop Elements, Corel Paintshop is superior. It is the most powerful program in the market and easy for beginners. It also has a ton of tools additionally. In essence, touch screen compatibility, a new streamlined workspace, and a 360-degree photo editing system.
PaintShop Pro is not just cheaper than Photoshop Elements, but its upgraded package, PaintShop Pro Ultimate, is also much more cost-effective. The only drawback of Photoshop Elements is that it is only available for Windows, while Elements is available for both Mac and PCs.
- It has a learning tool with a great system which is great for learning
- Advanced users have powerful features and even more creative tools at their disposal
- Its AI is aware of cloning that occurs with content
- Copy/paste layer styles make it unique in so many ways
- Only available for Windows
## Adobe Lightroom
Another software from Adobe is Adobe Lightroom. The software’s easy to use touch up system is not only convenient for photographers to edit a bulk of photos together, but its availability is amazing. Available on not just Mac and Windows systems but also for Android and iOS devices everywhere. Its cloud-based saving system makes it easy for you to edit your photos anywhere you’d like.
This software is mostly used to change the color grading of an image or to touch upon them. If you are looking for more complicated edits, Adobe Photoshop CC or Adobe Photoshop Elements will be more suitable. But, if you want your pictures to be filtered, perfect in every way to your liking, anywhere you’d like, Adobe Lightroom is the way to go.
- You can’t rename a photo or edit a version
- No side-by-side zoomable comparison of images in a library
- The photo editing tools are excellent
- Cloud has full-resolution backups
- Generic keywords get auto-tagged
- Tutorials are easy to understand and are very interactive
- I cannot edit edited versions of the photos
- In the library, you cannot compare a zoomed image side-by-side
## GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)
GIMP, otherwise known as GNU Image Manipulation Program, is a free program that is an open-source editor. That means that you can code the program according to your needs. However, you like. It is one of the best programs compared to other paid programs because of its strong editing tools. For instance, it can create or edit layers and adjust exposure, among others.
On top of that, GIMP is an open-source program, which means that multiple user-created plug-ins can give it more features than it is initially packed with, which makes it better than any other paid program by a long shot. However, it does not have a user-friendly interface or tutorials to help novice users of the program.
- The free, open-source program
- It has a vast collection of basic and advanced photo editing tools
- You Can use scripting languages such as Python to extend the software’s potential
- The software offers little to no guidance
- It has a huge steeping learning curve
There you have it! Four of the most popular, easiest photo editing apps in 2022. If you would like to look at budget-friendly cameras to click the cleanest pictures, here’s an article.